We are so pleased that Vesna has been generous enough to offer us an insight to an event she recently styled...
My Little Jedi - Celebrate in Style
"Every little girls dream is of becoming a ballerina and when I had the opportunity of choosing the theme for the Tomkat Studio Australian Party Designers Challenge, I couldn’t go past this beautiful theme. Anything that has to do with the ballet evokes elegance and femininity. The first thing that comes to mind is tulle, pretty ballet dresses, pointe shoes, soft and feminine décor, ruffle cakes and pretty little details all around.
I started searching for the perfect location for this shoot and once I saw the ballet studio at the Sydney Dance Company and I was instantly in love. My vision was to capture real life as well as keeping it authentic and believable so I chose two beautiful real life ballerinas. I chose lots of pink accents as well as grey and white hues to keep everything looking dreamy but also in line with Tomkat Studio Ballerina Printable Collection.
For the main cake I wanted to combine my love of ruffles and beautiful ribbons so Dewi of Sweet Bloom Cakes made the most beautiful four tier cake, wrapped in pale pink ribbon (which reminded me of the ballerina pointe shoes) and the last tier featured amazing rose inspired ruffles which completed the cake beautifully. We wanted the main focus to be on the printables so we kept the sweets to minimum. Dewi made the delicious cake ball tower, macarons with bows, ruffle cupcakes and the delectable tiramisu in jars which were a hit on the day.
Working with Tanya of Tindale Images was a dream, she captured every single detail beautifully and the whole concept is almost tangible throughout the magnificent images. Olympia looked super cute, she wore the most beautiful dresses from Tutu De Monde which were made from the soft silk, twinkly sequins and ballerina style tutu skirt that cries out to be twirled in. As a professional ballet dancer, Christina is very passionate about ballet and she every step she takes it looks so effortless."
WHAT'S IN YOUR BAG
To find out a little bit more of our guest bloggers I have decided to ask them to show us what's in there bag... You find out so much about a person from what they carry with them day-to-day!
Thanks Vesna for allowing to peek into your bag!
What’s in my bag:
1. Diary – Call me old fashioned but I still like to put pen to paper. Working as an event stylist takes a lot of planning and follow up so I have this planner with me at all times to keep me organized.
2. Mor hand cream – During winter my hands get dry from the wind and this lovely cream works a treat
3. USB – you never know when you will need one so I always keep one in my handbag
4. Chanel lipstick – I use to be a lip gloss girl but i have recently switched back to lipsticks and I have never looked back. I love the beautiful Chanel rouge coco lip stick shades
5. Nivea tinted moisturiser - I usually don’t keep a lot of makeup in my bag other than moisturiser and lipstick for quick touch ups.
6. Nivea facial cleansing wipes – you can never have enough of these wipes!
7. Nail grooming kit
8. Iphone – I LOVE my iphone, it goes everywhere with me. I can't imagine life without my email and all of the extremely useful apps.
9. Listerine mint floss
10. Kate Spade wallet – I love big wallets as I always keep all my cards and important documents with me.
11. Mini ipod - I like to listen to music when I go for a run
12. Ray Ban wayfarer – my favourite shades!
13. Kate Spade bag – I have been a fan of Kate Spade for a while and I adore her style. My latest purchase is the gorgeous gold and natural handbag, it’s the perfect size for everyday wear!