|The French book of the moment|
- 3 set meals a day, breakfast, big lunch and dinner, NO SNACKS! and if you need to have a snack it is generally cheese or fruit! No walking everywhere with food, all meals are an experience and each meal lasts generally about an hour! WOW! No wonder you don't see many overweight children in France!
- Children eat the same as adults, there is no different menu for kids or cooking a "simplified version" of the meal! And that is from a very young age! Another WOW! I have been shamed! I have been cooking sometimes 2 and 3 separate meals to please everyone!
- No school uniforms, it is good to have your own individuality (also good for the fashion industry!). At the same time you have to respect that you are dressing for school not for a social event! I guess that is why the French have such strong fashion sense from a young age and know how to dress for occasion.
- Make sure you bring a "good" outfit because Sundays the host family might be going to church! That is when I nearly fell of my chair! Good outfit and church in the same sentence! The Europeans really dress up on Sundays rather than wear their trackies all day!
- There are large classrooms and students need to respect the teachers and not talk or disrupt the class. Did I hear right? R-E-S-P-E-C-T the teachers!
- Generally we walk everywhere... so make sure you have good walking shoes (especially the girls, no high heels needed!). Again obesity issue solved! Just walk everywhere...